You can register your vehicle using the registration tool. Please go to ‘Which vehicles do you have to register?’ to find out which vehicles are eligible for registration. Registration is once-only and free.
Attention, certain commercial companies (e.g., Green Zones) offer you a service against payment, to ensure your vehicle fulfils the requirements for Antwerp’s low emission zone and provide a sticker to their customers. The City of Antwerp is not in any way involved in this service. You can register your vehicle or buy a permit without additional administrative fees on this website, which is operated by the City of Antwerp.
When must you register your vehicle?
- If you enter the LEZ without registering, you have 24 hours to register your vehicle after entry. Please note: you must buy a paid permission no later than one day before entering the LEZ.
- It takes 10 days on average to process your application. That is why your number plate is checked ten days after you enter the LEZ.
- Your application may be denied if you supply the wrong documents or fail to provide all the required documents. You may still be fined in that case. We therefore recommend registering beforehand.
- Should you register your vehicle after being fined, you will still have to pay the fine.
- Registration is once-only and is valid until the euro emission standards are tightened in 2020.
Which documents do you need to register your vehicle?
- European conformity certificate
- Registration documents of the vehicle
- Specific documents depending on your situation
The fastest way to register your vehicle is to use the online registration tool.
- Find your vehicle’s registration documents.
- You can log in to the online tool using:
- your A profile. If you create an A profile, you won’t have to fill in your data again. You will have access to the e-counter of the City of Antwerp, where you can find all your applications. You can create an A profile in the registration tool by clicking “Submitting an application with your A profile”
- or by entering your e-mail address twice.
- Enter your number plate and the date when the vehicle was first registered (under category ‘B’). The system will then use this information to check your car against the LEZ database. So do fill in the right information.
- Your number plate is checked against the LEZ database for the date on which you logged in. If your registration is still valid on this date, the tool will inform you that you may enter the LEZ until the end date of your registration. Click the “Next” button for a new registration.
- Follow all the steps. Enter the data as provided on your vehicle registration document to receive a correct answer. The City of Antwerp and DIV only have the information on your vehicle registration document at their disposal. You must add any additional information or relevant documents for the assessment of your application yourself.
- Add all the documents requested by the registration tool. You can use the following file formats: PDF, JPG, JPEG, PNG and Word. You can also add photos of your documents.
Always complete your application and follow the steps until the end. You will receive an e-mail with a summary of the information and documents you provided and the status of your application. Did you not receive an e-mail? Check your spam box. Don’t see the mail there either? Then an error occurred. Try again or contact our LEZ call centre at + 32 (3) 338 38 18.
Registration at one of the LEZ machines
You can also register your vehicle at one of the LEZ machines.
In the Low Emission Zone:
- In the NMBS car park (side of Kievitplein – entrance in Van Immerseelstraat) under Central Station near the exit at level -1.
- In the Parkindigo car park under the National Bank near the exit at level -1.
- In the Parkindigo car park in Groenplaats near the exit at level -1.
Outside the Low Emission Zone:
- In the shop of the Q8 petrol station/E313 motorway services in Ranst in the direction of Antwerp. The terminal is located inside the shop, to the left, near the entrance, opposite the Panos corner.
- To the right, near the entrance of Mediamarkt in Wilrijk (along the A12, at Kernenergiestraat 56, Wilrijk).
- To the left near the entrance of the Esso petrol station, Vogelzanglaan 15 Antwerp.
- To the right, near the entrance (street side) of McDonalds Merksem, Lambrechtshoekenlaan 1 Antwerp.
- McDonalds Zwijndrecht, Pastoor Coplaan 116, 2070 Zwijndrecht.
Follow the same method as described above for online registration to register your vehicle.
Assistance with your registration
Do you require assistance to fill out your application or don't have a computer? Contact us using the contact form or make an appointment with one of the city counters. You can do this online (choose 'traffic and parking') or call + 32 (0)3 22 11 333. Make sure to bring all your vehicle documents and other required documents.
What should i do when my license plate or other data regarding my admission, registration or exemption change?
If you sell your vehicle and/or change the number plate, the vehicle needs to be re-registered with the new number plate or you need to buy a new permit. As set out in Article 4.3 of the municipal regulations for the low emission zone of Antwerp, permits, registrations or exemptions are non-transferable.